Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's Readathon Hour 6 Mini-Challenge: The Power of Love

The first way books make me fall in love with them is by sight. I mean, books with beautiful covers just get me. I don't even care what they are about, but I just want to pick them up and read them all day.

Some examples of covers that were love at first sight:

But as we all know, love based on physical beauty only gets us so far. So the next way books make me fall in love is through interesting, complex characters. I especially love characters that are not what they seem, or really change as the book progresses. A champion of writing interesting characters is Markus Zusak. My favorites of his are The Book Thief, and I am the Messenger. I also love the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. The love triangle in that book was impossible to choose between!

And lastly, what is a good book without an interesting plot with twists and turns you don't see coming? I'll always love the Harry Potter series for this, but some other runner-ups are The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and The Sherwood Ring by Marie Elizabeth Pope

So here's to the books that have made me fall in love with them, and for those I have yet to discover! Now, to continue in the readathon!

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Covers really create the attraction. Happy read-a-thoning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Thanks for accepting the challenge! =D

    ReplyDelete