Friday, December 30, 2011

More Christmas!

Because I have awesome friends, this year we celebrated Christmas week.  That's right ladies and gents, a whole week of Christmas!  Here's how we celebrated the glorious holiday each day:


Sunday
On Sunday we played the piano and sang Christmas carols.  Bryn and I also played a song in Sacrament Meeting together.  So it was a day of Christmas song-filled fun!

Monday
On Monday we went caroling!  Which was so much fun!  I'm not sure if I've ever caroled before in my life, and if I have, it definitely wasn't as good as this night was.  We went around to several of our friends/family's houses in Spanish Fork and sang a few lovely songs to them.  We made people laugh, we made them cry, and we got a few treats along the way.  I'm definitely doing this next year.  After caroling, we warmed up by drinking hot chocolate and watching Elf!

Tuesday
Tuesday was one of my favorite Christmas celebration days.  My friends came and met me at my work, and we got dinner.  Then we headed up to Salt Lake and went ice skating outside at Gallivan Plaza.  Okay, now I am NOT an ice skater.  In fact, ice skating would be pretty far down on the list of things I want to do.  But ice skating outside is a different story.  It was so much fun.  True, I held onto my friends for most of the time.  But being outside in the winter air with Christmas music playing over the speakers... what can I say?  It was magical.  Then we went to Temple Square to watch my sister's choir sing at the Assembly Hall and take some pictures and see all of the beautiful lights.  After we walked outside and got frozen to the bone, we went to Meika's house to drink hot chocolate and watch some good old school Christmas cartoons, like Mickey's Christmas Carol and Small One (you know, the one with the donkey - "Small one, small one, small one for sale"... you don't know it?  Well, look it up on youtube).

Wednesday
Wednesday was my last day of school (hooray!) and we decided to make gingerbread houses, with real gingerbread!  Heather made the peppermint place, completely glazed with karo syrup.  Bryn made a candy cane house.  And I made a colorful candy cottage.  This story really isn't that cool without pictures, and I don't have any, so I might have to update later.

Thursday
Thursday we decided to make certificates and pass out Christmas light awards.  We went up to Lehi because we were playing games at Meika's afterwards.  We stopped by the house in Lehi that synchronizes their lights to Christmas music, and watched it for about 20 minutes.  It was awesome.  Then we gave out some awards to houses that did an exceptional job with decorating.  Some of the awards we gave were: Impressive Rivalry award (two houses across from each other were sporting Y and U lights), Cleverest movie theme award (the Grinch was stealing their lights!), and the best Christmas tree display award. Then we ended the night with some game playing fun!

Friday
Friday was Christmas Adam, so we went up to Meika's (we probably should have just slept over at her house every night) and we had a Christmas Adam party!  We did a white elephant exchange first.  I got a plastic recorder, and I even learned how to play Mary had a Little Lamb all by myself.  One girl got a cup of worms (from my sister) and it inspired her to go fishing.  So she called her dad, and they set up a date for the next morning!  It was a Christmas miracle!  I brought a dog bowl and dog food and the person that ended up with it was the only person who owned a dog in the group.  Another Christmas miracle!  After that we watched Love Actually (edited, of course) which was very cute, and then we cuddled up (and we seriously cuddled... four of us to one mattress.  Little did Heidi and I know that Heather moved off of the mattress in the middle of the night and Bryn took up her space.  So Bryn had half of the mattress to herself  while Heidi and I were squished on the other half of the mattress.), and we fell asleep.  In the morning, we woke up, put on our Santa hats and our best Christmas sweaters, and went to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.  (Their hot chocolate is sooo good by the way!  Perfect temperature with whipped cream on the top, yum.)

Saturday
Saturday was Christmas Eve! After breakfast that morning, I went and helped Heather paint a nativity puzzle for her sister and sister in law while watching Care Bear Nutcracker.  Then it was time to get ready and go to our family Christmas Eve party.  Every year we go to our Aunt's house and eat dinner, and then Santa comes and gives us an early present.  This year, all of my cousins had other things to do or other places to be, so it was a cousinless Christmas Eve.  It was a little weird with Santa coming, with the youngest one there being 15 years old.  But that's okay, because I love Santa.  We also have a "talent show" each year, which has turned into me and my sister and my cousin premiering our latest music video.  This year, my cousin was working, so we didn't want to premier the movie without her, so we came up with a genius idea to make a trailer for it.  You can watch it here.  It's awesome, believe me.  But then, much to our surprise, she got off of work early!  And made it to the end of the party!  So then we premiered our actual video, which you can watch here.  I think it's one of our best yet.

Sunday
Sunday was Christmas, of course!  I woke up at 5:00 AM feeling nauseous, which is never good.  My brothers and dad came over around 7:00 and we opened our presents.  This year was pretty exciting because our mom got us a surprise present and our major present and then got us a bunch of surprise stocking stuffers.  I got a bunch of fun things like shampoo, a calendar, a iTunes gift card, etc.  And the big surprise was...

Celine Dion!

Not her, exactly.  A ticket to her show in Las Vegas!  I am so freaking excited.  We're deciding what date everyone can go, but every time I listen to "My Heart Will Go On" I get goosebumps all over... well, more goosebumps than I usually get when I listen to it.  It will be super fun.

After that I slept all morning, went to church, and then continued the festivities up at my G-Ma's house.  Thankfully, after I took my nap in the morning, I felt much better for the rest of the day.  It was a Christmas miracle!  But then the day after Christmas, I was sick in bed all day.  But it gave me time to watch all of Once Upon a Time, so I guess there's a silver lining.

Anywho, there is my Christmas week for you!  A very happy Christmas to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so freaking fun! I'm glad you had such a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete