Saturday, November 5, 2011

October in One Post

I really feel like I should blog more.  Basically because it's something I like to do, and I need more of that in my life.  The problem is that most of the time I don't feel like I have anything to say.  I'm not engaged/married/pregnant/a new mother, like the 99.9% of my other friends who blog.  I'm not even dating anyone.  But who's to say that my life is any less interesting as theirs?  

I think my problem is that I get into the same routine every day so I feel like nothing new or interesting happens.  And lately, I have been having a bit of a hard time, so I kind of close myself off.  But, there have been some good things that have happened at school, so here they are!

I passed a girl in the hall who was in my class last year (and she is one of the cutest girls ever) and she called out to me and said, "Miss Scott!  Guess what?  I'm the president of the Miss Scott Fan Club!"
Score.  I've always wanted a fan club.

My class went on a field trip (on my birthday!) and we watched The Lion King afterward.  I decided to show my students the music video that me and my sister and cousin made about how we spilled ketchup.  We wrote a song called "Can You See the Ketchup Stain" to the song, "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".  So my kids all thought it was funny, and then I sent them to lunch.  When the came back, one boy told me that a girl was eating a corn dog, and she spilled her ketchup on the ground.  Then a bunch of kids broke out singing, "Can you see the ketchup stain?" 
I'm so proud.

I might have let it slip to my class that I'm a little bit in love with Zac Efron (some of them don't even know who he is.  What is this world coming to?).  And for the rest of the day they might have referred to me as Mrs. Efron.  
And I might have just gone along with it.

In other news, I had an awesome October.  First, it was my birthday, so that was fantastic.  Also, my friends and I went to a haunted house almost every weekend.  It's one of my favorite things about Halloween, so I'm sure happy my friends like it as much as I do.  We went to Cornbellies and had fun with all of the activities they had to offer - including getting kicked out of the kid's bouncy house.  We also went to the Haunted Circus, which was kind of expensive, but my goodness, it was so scary!  We loved it!  And then we went to the Haunted Forest, which never disappoints.  I also had a fun time dressing up for my school Halloween party, dressing as glow stick figures and dancing around with my friends, and then dressing up as Greek Goddesses with my friends for a karaoke/dance party (I was Artemis, Heather was Hestia, Bryn was Athena, and Meika was Aphrodite.  Give yourself some points if you know who all of them are).  All in all, October did not disappoint.  Hopefully November will be just as good!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun month! I'm still cracking up about the Miss Scott fan club, the ketchup stain, and Mrs. Efron. Your kids must love having you as a teacher!

    P.S. It's funny what you said about married/engaged/parent people, because I always think the opposite...you always seem to be doing way funner/cooler stuff than I am; speaking of which, I can't wait to come to Utah and do some hilarious hijinks with you and Heather. :)

    ReplyDelete