Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 6: Harry Potter heaven, getting as close to Leo as I'll ever get, and the long trip home

Oh my, are we ready to be done? I can't believe it's over!

Day 6 was one of my favorite days. And I will tell you why.

Way back on day 3... or 2... or 4... I bought tickets for a special something. The special something was the Harry Potter exhibition! That's right, Harry Potter!

Guys, it was so so cool. All of these Harry Potter props, some from the last movie that hadn't even come out yet. I mean, it was awesome.

But first things first, we got to the exhibit, and even the entrance was cool.



So then we waiting in line, and then they take you into the exhibit. You're in this closed off room, with all of these tv screens, and they play a montage of Harry Potter clips. Which almost brought a tear to my eye.

Then a wall opens up and the Hogwarts Express is sitting there, with steam coming out of it. I was in heaven by now. Harry Potter Heaven.

Then, they take us to a room with the Sorting Hat. They asked for volunteers that wanted to get sorted. Of course, it's little boys and girls that raise their hands, but my mom egged me on to raise my hand, so I did. And she chose me! So I got sorted into...

GRYFFINDOR!

And then you can go into the rest of the exhibit. They had costumes and props all the way back to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They had all of the offices of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers. And they had "hands on" activities. So I got to pull a Mandrake from it's pot, score a goal with a quaffle, and sit in Hagrid's chair. And, I got to see Quidditch robes that Oliver Wood actually wore... ah.

Anyway, it was fantastic. We couldn't take pictures in the exhibit, and I was itching to get my camera out the whole time. That was the only bad part about it.

And, of course, I had a Harry Potter book with me for a photo shot. :)


After the exhibition, we bought a delicious brownie from the Cake Boss bakery. We still had some time before we had to go to the airport, so we went to Planet Hollywood to eat. The best part was definitely seeing Leo's outfit from Titanic.

After lunch it was time to head home. We were the later flight again, so we had to wait around at the airport for what seemed like forever, but we finally boarded our plane and made it home safe and sound.

It was a fantastic trip, and I'm so happy I got to go!

Jen's New York Fact of the Day: Don't try jumping off of a ten-foot light post to commit suicide. It won't work. And the firefighters will show up and put a giant inflatable ...thing... around the pole so even if you try you won't get hurt. And it will cause a hold up. Because people will be trying to take videos and pictures of you. It's just not a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! But, as your good friend, I was rather disturbed that you tried to commit suicide while in New York. Jen, it was BROADWAY HEAVEN, you have so much to live for there! And sheesh, if you're going to try it...a ten-foot lamp post seems a little lame. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete