Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 5: Jalepeno jelly, museum disappointment, and stale cookies

On day 5, I honestly don't remember what I did that morning. I know my mom had rehearsal, but I don't have a clue what I was doing... so, we'll just say I went to the library. Okay, good.

After the library, I met my mom for lunch. They have a Chevy's in New York, which is our favorite restaurant of all time. They don't have one in Utah anymore, so anytime we have the opportunity to go to one, we take it!

The thing we always get there is the chicken flautas. They are heaven on earth, I tell you. And that jalapeno jelly, mm-mm.


After we went to Chevy's it was time for my mom to go rehearse at the Lincoln center. So we went back to the hotel to change, and I drove up with them. Instead of sitting in a boring rehearsal for hours, I went to the Museum of Natural History. And, I'm not going to lie, I wasn't that impressed. A lot of it was under construction or something, but I just wasn't all that into it.
But I guess it was cool seeing the "Dumb dumb want gum gum" guy.


After the Museum of Natural History, I went back to Central Park just to walk around some more.


Then it was time for my mom's concert. The choir was advertised on the board outside the Lincoln Center, which was pretty cool.


The concert was amazing. I'm pretty sure I accidentally sat in the wrong seat. I didn't look at my ticket carefully enough, and just went where I thought the worker told me to. But then some people came right as the concert started, so it was all confusing. They ended up going to a different spot, and I felt really bad, but oh well.

Anyway, back to the concert. They sang a piece called Memorial, which is 25 minutes long, but it was 25 minutes of beauty. I absolutely loved it!

After the concert, we went on a Booze Cruise. Well, they called it a "Dinner Cruise" but that wasn't fooling me.

We had dinner, which was the worst food I had eaten in my whole time at New York, (complete with hard cookies for dessert) and then they had music for dancing and such. At first, we went down to the "quiet deck" but I felt like I was aging 50 years by the second, so I got out of there as fast as I could. Then we went up to the louder deck, and danced the night away. It was actually super fun. A lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Anyway, by the time the cruise was over, it was about 1:00 in the morning, maybe later. So we went back to the hotel to spend our last night in New York!

Jen's New York Fact of the Day: If you decide to talk a walk through central park, wear good shoes. Not flimsy sandals. Your feet will hurt. Really badly.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you saw the dumb dumb want gum gum ha but sad that the museum was lame. That is so fun that you danced all night on the dinner cruise. I did something similar when I went to New York and had a blast (however, when we went there was only high school aged kids, so no booze haha)

    ReplyDelete