Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 3: Singing Waitresses, My favorite Brit, and Free Wifi

Alright, Day 3. Here we go.

My mom had rehearsals so I had the morning free to myself. I woke up, ate breakfast with my mom, and then went back up to the hotel room, took a shower, then took a nap.

When I woke up again, I got ready, and decided to go exploring. I met up with my mom before I left, and she told me she had gotten a black and white cookie during her break, and told me where I should go get one. I bought one, and it was DELICIOUS! It wasn't what I was expecting, but boy, was it good.



So I went to Times Square to pick up tickets for a very special event... (you'll find out about that in day 6). When I walked back I went to the New York Public Library, which was so pretty. ...And I got free wifi there, so that was a plus. And I went to H&M (why isn't there one of those in Utah?) and Zara.

When my mom got done with rehearsal, we did my absolute favorite part of the trip. We went to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying starring the one and only.... Harry Potter! Oh, I mean, Daniel Radcliffe!



For those of you who don't know, I'm a worry wart. I always get nervous over the dumbest things. So I was super scared that for some reason Daniel wouldn't be there, and it would be his understudy, and I probably would have cried during the entire 3 hour production.

So as soon as I got my program, I checked the pieces of paper to see what cast was changed, and thank heavens, Daniel wasn't one of them.

When the play started, there was the overture, and then some scaffolding lowered into the orchestra pit. About a minute later, Daniel Radcliffe was getting pulled up. It was probably one of the best moments of my life. He sang and danced spectacularly. I mean, he could really dance. And he spoke with an American accent really well. There was only one time that I heard some British slip out. And he was so funny! You know that part in HP6 (the movie) when Harry takes the Felix Felicis? And how he was so funny? That was basically how he was the whole play. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

After the show we raced over to Ellen's Stardust Diner. If you ever go to New York, you have to go to this place. It is so much fun. So basically the waiters and waitresses at this diner all want to be on Broadway. So as they are taking orders and delivering food, they serenade you. It was super busy and crowded, but super fun.

Then that night my mom had rehearsals again. I honestly can't remember what I did. Probably took a nap. New York makes you tired.

Jen's New York Fact of the Day: They have hairstylists for the mannequins at H&M. This might seem obvious to some people, but I was surprised by it. At the New York H&M, the hairstylist is a gay man. But a very, very talented gay man.

No comments:

Post a Comment