Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 1: Planes, Lost Phones, and a Search for Dinner

Okay, fine, I'll blog about New York. It happened over a month ago, but I don't have anything else that has happened that is blog-worthy. So here it goes.

The first day we had to leave by 5:00 (or 5:30... I don't remember. We'll stick with 5:00 because it sounds better). We drove to the airport, took forever checking in all of our free baggage, and then finally made it to the plane... well, half of the group did. We had the later plane, so we had to wait for a couple more hours.

In the meantime, I saw my dad at the airport! He was going to D.C. the same day we were going to New York! And his waiting area.. terminal.. whatever.. was right next to ours. Cool!

Then we rode 4 1/2 hours on the plane.

Then we got off of the plane and went to get our luggage. That is when I realized I didn't have my phone. I was wearing shorts that don't have very good pockets, so I realized it must have fallen off on the plane. My mom ran back, but by the time she got there, the plane had already taken off again. So I was phone-less in New York City. Bummer.

Then we rode in a bus for 2 hours in traffic to get to our hotel.

Then we tried to get to our room, but the lady who had our room key was at a play, so we had to stow our things in another room. So we went in search of some food. And did you know that all the restaurants close at 9:00 in New York? Okay, I'm sure there are night clubs and such that are open all night, but we had a really hard time finding someplace to go. We finally found a street vendor and we got something from him. I was a little scared ordering from him, I'm not going to lie, but the Italian sausage was actually really good.

And then we went to bed.

Jen's New York Fact of the Day: New York is smelly. Utah mountain air is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment