Monday, May 16, 2011

The Adventures of Teaching

Tonight I went and saw Jane Eyre. I loved it. Everyone should see it. It's like Jane Austen with edge.

So I come home and, let's face it, I was completely dreading going to work tomorrow. I got a call and it was from a Salt Lake number. I thought it was my G-ma or something, but it ended up being a lady I work with at my school.

She informed me that the 2nd and 3rd grade hall had flooded, and that we couldn't go into our classrooms. She said they'd be emailing the parents and telling them not to bring their kids to school tomorrow.

So my job tomorrow is to show up in the gym, see which second graders didn't get the message, find a place to take them for the day, and figure out what to do with them all day... and I can't get in my classroom to do anything with them.

So anyone have any ideas about how to keep a group of 8 year old entertained for 7 hours?

Ya, me neither.

1 comment:

  1. Uh...wow. I sincerely hope that none of them show up.

    ReplyDelete