Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm Just a Kid

So lately, I feel like this comic has totally described my life:

I feel like I've been dealing with things that are way beyond my maturity level.

For instance, meeting with a financial consultant to discuss my retirement plan, dealing with a class of 26 eight year olds, or, most recently, this...


I was driving home from work, and it was one of the longest days ever. I had to take the long way home because of a traffic accident. I was driving along, and before I knew it, the car in front of me stopped, so I slammed on my breaks, and sighed a breath of relief because I barely missed hitting that car. But just when I thought all was well, I felt a big THUD on my car, and the result is pictured above.

Luckily, his insurance agency got a hold of me the next day, and I got my car in for the repairs just a couple of days later. I'm driving around a rental car right now until my other car is fixed. I consider myself very lucky that only my car got hurt, and that it has been so smooth working out my repairs.

Sometimes I wish that I could go back to my life a few years ago when I had a lot less responsibility, but then I look at how much money I have, and I guess there are some perks to being an adult.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, scary! I'm glad that you and your car are Ok. Ditto about the responsibility thing :)

    ReplyDelete