Sunday, August 22, 2010

Naaaa Hemeshnaaa Hababeesheebobo

The Lion King is one of my favorite Disney movies, and it has been for most of my life. I love the music, the characters, the story, everything about it.
So of course one of my dreams was to see the Broadway Lion King.

Well, for Christmas last year, that dream came true. My aunt got me, my mom, Heidi, Ian, and my cousins tickets to see the Lion King.

I don't know if I have ever been so excited.

I had to wait 8 long months, and believe me, I was thinking about it frequently.
Finally, August came, and it was time.
Heidi and I decided to make awesome Lion King shirts, which, let me tell you, were a pain to make, but they turned out cute anyway.

So we went to Salt Lake and I was so excited, I could hardly handle it.

Then, the play started. The curtains started to raise, and the first note of "Circle of Life" started. It was just Rafiki onstage, and there was fog all around.
I had goosebumps all over my body. Seriously, "Circle of Life" is a powerful song, and when it's being sung live, it's even more amazing.

Then, the classic red sun that is in Lion King begins to rise, and all the animals start coming out, and they are seriously the most amazing costumes I've ever seen. There are giraffes that are people walking on 4 stilts, and there's a life-size elephant the walks up onto the stage.

Then Pride Rock comes out with Mufasa, Sarabi, and Rafiki with baby Simba, and as Rafiki lifts Simba into the air, I'm on the verge of tears.

The rest of the play did not disappoint. Timon and Pumbaa have been my favorite Disney characters since I was little, and when they came out, I just wanted to run onstage and give them a hug. They were perfect, and they're costumes were awesome.

Other high points were the songs "He Lives in You", "Shadowlands", "Endless Night", the wildebeest stampede, and when Simba became king.
It was definitely the best play I've ever seen, and probably the best Christmas present I've ever received.

Thanks again, Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment