Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let's Get Physical

I have recently decided that I need to be more healthy. I have been lazier than normal this summer, and I have now decided that I need to take better care of myself (and maybe lose a few pounds while I'm at it.)

Now, I don't believe in totally getting rid of soda and candy out of my diet. I mean, if I am going to make it through a hard day, I'm not going to be doing it without a Diet Coke and some M&Ms. So I'm taking small steps. I am going to make one healthy goal, and then add a new healthy goal each week, and eventually I will be the healthiest person on the planet.

Okay, not really.

And every day that I complete my goals, I am going to reward myself. My current reward is a Diet Coke, but that's not very healthy so I may have to rethink this.

My goal this week is to exercise for 30 minutes 5 days a week. I am doing things like running, biking, pilates, and hiking. If I do the same thing each day I end up getting bored in about 3 weeks and quitting, so variety is the key, my friends.

Well, wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck! You're an example for us all.... :)

    ReplyDelete