Saturday, January 23, 2010

Poetry

You probably got excited by the title of this post, and thought I was going to spew out some profound, meaningful free verse or something.

Well, sorry, I'm not. :)

Instead, I'm going to tell you more about... STUDENT TEACHING! Because basically, that's what my life is about right now.

We're working on poetry in my class, and we just learned about Tankas (pronounced like the toy cars). For those of you who don't know what these are, they are just like Haikus, but with two additional lines. So in the first line, there need to be 5 syllables, 7 in the second line, 5 in the third line, 7 in the fourth line, and 7 in the fifth line.

I was walking around, helping the students out, when one girl in my class shows me the poem she wrote:

Miss Scott
She is beautiful
She picks mystery students
Is a great teacher
Has great advice for children
Has brown hair and bright blue eyes

Pretty cute, right?

I guess student teaching won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment