Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Of Blue's Clues, American History, and Game Shows

So I took the Praxis last week.

For those of you that don't know. The Praxis is kind of like the ACT for teachers. You have to sit through a two-hour test on Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science to be a certified teacher.

My first step of this test-taking process was, "How am I going to study for this?" Basically, you have to study everything you learned from kindergarten to sixth grade. So what do I do?

Watch Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader.
Yup, that's how I studied.

Once I got into the test, I cruised through the first two sections.
Then came Social Studies...

This test helped me realize that I am a bad American. I know close to nothing about American History, the government, and all of the Amendments. I mean, sure, I know the basics, but after that, I'm a goner.

I mean, come on, does anyone know where the prime meridian is?

Next section. Science. I found myself singing Blue's Clues songs to remember which order the planets go in, and hurriedly erasing one answer from the sun revolving around the earth to the earth revolving around the sun.

7:30 is way too early to be taking a test.

--

1 comment:

  1. Prime Meridian, 0° Longitude, runs through Greenwich, England... :)

    ReplyDelete